Key Study Personnel:
Amanda Sawyer, PhD – Principal Investigator
Amanda Bailey, MA, LMHC - Facilitator
Number of Participants:
- Adult ≥ 18 years old
- Licensed as an RN
- RN employed by AdventHealth in a hospital-based setting at the Altamonte, Apopka, Celebration, Daytona Beach, DeLand, East, Fish Memorial, Kissimmee, New Smyrna Beach, Orlando, Palm Coast, Waterman, or Winter Park campus
- Able to speak, read, and understand English fluently
- Able to provide informed consent
- Willing and able to comply with all study procedures and requirements for the duration of the study.
- Employed as an ARNP
- Employed in a role that completes another RN’s annual evaluations
- A participant of previous nurse resilience studies
- At imminent risk of harm to themselves or others.
The intervention will consist of 8 weekly 90-minute psychoeducational group sessions facilitated by a licensed mental health counselor.
- Brief Resilience Scale (BRS)
- Self-Reflection and Insight Scale
- Self-Compassion Scale - Short Form
- Psychological Empowerment Instrument
- Stress Mindset Measure - General (SMM-G)
- Perceived Stress Survey (PSS)
- Maslach Burnout Inventory (MBI)
Questions about Study:
Contact: Amanda Sawyer